Under the general Data protection Regulation (or GDPR as it is more commonly known) Learn How to Read with Izzy. com, as are all businesses that hold your personal data, have to provide you with certain information in relation to the lawful grounds for its ongoing processing of your personal data.
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
Communication Data that includes any communication you send to us(learnhowtoreadwithizzy.com) whether that be through the contact form on our website or through email.
Customer Data should you purchase a book from the website, includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, email address, phone number, contact details.
We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be
1 Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2 Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3 Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4 Accurate and kept up to date.
5 Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6 Kept securely.
What data do we collect? Emails for newesletters and records of purchases.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary.
For more information on this please email [email protected]
In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose, we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation.
We hold no paper records. We use and keep only electronic data. All our newsletters are password protected and securely protected. We work with mailerlite (at www.mailerlite.com) for the newsletters
We only retain data as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we have collected it. If after three years we have not actively heard from you we will contact you to ask if you would like to be unsubscribed. If we do not hear from you your records will be securely destroyed.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, including your wish to unsubscribe, please email
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data.